zondag 15 november 2009

Padaravindhangal





Padaravindhangal panindhen Amma
Adharam ne endru arinthen Amma
Chedaram illamal chezhippai thandhu
Kadhoram inmozhiyal kavalai thirppai

Mother, I bow to Your feet.
I have realized that You are the foundation of my life.
Give me the wealth that can never be depleted.
Whisper sweetly in my ear and end my sorrows.

Amma endrazhaikkum un kuzhanthaikku inghe
Arulandri verethuvum vendam Amma
Summa ni inimelum irunthu vital
Pazhi yedhum yenakkalla unakke Amma

O Mother, wanting nothing except Your Grace,
this child of Yours is calling O Amma!
Amma If You still remain silent then remember, Mother,
You will be the One to blame, not I

Selvangal yeralam irunthalum un
Arul selvam illamal nargathi undo
Inbathil pangerka evarum varuvay
Ennalum thuyar thirka niye varuvay

Though we may have much worldly wealth,
could we ever attain the one true end without the wealth of Your Grace?
There are always many to share in our happiness, but
You are always the One who removes my sorrow.

Ellam un vilayadal ena arinthalum
Eno yen manathil innum nimmadhi illai
Thunbam vrumbhothum maravathunnai
Manamara potrum nal ullam vendum

I know that all this is but Your play and yet my mind knows no peace.
Please bestow upon me a mind that remembers and
glorifies You even when suffering comes.